All Food Vendors must be pre-registered. No walk-up Food Vendor registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
In 2019 we capped at 20 Food Vendors. We have yet to decide our cap for 2020, but expect it to be the same. Now that we have announced the postponement of our festival from July to October, will will likewise postpone our Arts Vendors Applications process to around mid-August 2020. Watch this space.
FOOD VENDOR FAQ:
There is assigned vendor spaces, when you check in you will be given your booth number.
Vendor set up begins at 8 am. Please arrive at the park between 8 am and 10:00 am. Please try to get there at your assigned load-in time to keep the traffic moving.
If you map us, put in: 145 Dunnell Road, Maplewood NJ 07040
Food Vendor FAQ:
- Submission of an application does NOT guarantee that you will be accepted as a food vendor. In order to present our festival attendees with a wide variety of food choices, we make every effort to avoid duplication of food offerings from multiple vendors. As such, we may reject applications submitted by food vendors with product mixes which are already represented. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- A food vendor may sell only the products listed on the approved application or otherwise pre-approved by the Maplewoodstock committee in writing. Food vendors will be required to remove unauthorized products from their tables and failure to do so will result in cancellation of this agreement and removal from the site. Vendors must obtain prior approval from Maplewoodstock for all food and beverage items to be sold. Only non-alcoholic beverages may be sold.
- All food vendors must supply insurance. If insured through your business entity, you must name Maplewoodstock as additional insured, with an aggregate amount of not less than $1 million. Evidence of the insurance will be required 7-10 days prior to the event. Failure to provide the certificate in a timely fashion will result in cancellation of this agreement, and you will not be permitted to vend your food.
- All non-Maplewood registered business owner vendors must obtain a permit from the Maplewood Township Health Department and be subject to inspection on the day of event by the Board of Health. Contact Maplewood Health Officer Robert Roe at 973-762-8120, ext. 4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the license form and information. Failure to obtain this permit in a timely fashion will result in cancellation of this agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by signing this agreement, all vendors shall indemnify and hold harmless Maplewoodstock and all its organizing members from any and all fines, litigation or other penalties based upon the lack of a permit or an improper permit.
- Each food vendor must be set up and fully operational by 11:00 a.m. on the day of the event. All vendors are required to sell product for a minimum of six (6) hours each day. Setup will begin at 7:30 a.m. and clean-up will begin around 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Food vendors must clean up their own areas and remove their refuse from the event site.
- If you are using oil to prepare your food, you MUST dispose of your own oil. Anyone caught dumping oil in the park will be removed from the event and will NOT be allowed to return to the festival. No vending will be permitted after 10 p.m. on Saturday or 9 p.m. on Sunday.
- All vendors are provided with a 10’ X 10’ outdoor space ONLY. Vendors must provide their own setup equipment, including tents, chairs, displays, etc. Maplewoodstock will not provide any equipment to vendors.
- Each exhibitor is permitted one vehicle near the event site during setup, however no vehicles will be permitted on the park grounds. Vehicles must be parked on city streets during the hours of the event. Signs and police officers will help direct you to this location. There are no exceptions.
- The rented space is to be used only by the vendor. Vendor locations do NOT have any access to electricity or generators.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USE OF GENERATORS: At this time, due to noise and exhaust issues, generators will be permitted but grouped together in a designated area. All generators must be at least 25 feet from walkways or other vendor spaces, and baffling (sound containment in the form of plywood, etc.) MUST be supplied by vendor. Failure to provide generator noise baffling PRIOR to setup will result in vendor NOT being able to use their generator. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Vendors are permitted the use of grills, sternos, “hotboxes”, or propane gas for cooking, heating or warming purposes. All equipment is subject to inspection by the Maplewood Fire and Health Departments and any non-conforming equipment must be removed. All vendors engaging in any outdoor cooking or flame must obtain the Type 1 Fire Safety Permit ($42 fee, form here) or by contacting the Maplewood Fire Dept. at 973-762-6500. ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED 10 DAYS PRIOR TO MAPLEWOODSTOCK.
- Maplewoodstock shall not be held liable for any damages and/or injuries to any event attendee incurred by any exhibitor while on the event site. Without limiting the foregoing, all vendors shall indemnify and hold harmless Maplewoodstock, its officers, employees, agents and volunteers from any liability for any injuries or damages sustained by vendors, their agents or employees or injuries or damages sustained by any customers, guests or invitees at the rented space.
- Vendors are not permitted to bring spray streamers (e.g., “Silly String”), noise-producing caps, or anything visually representative of a weapon to the event site. These can damage products and cause disturbances. Anyone selling or using these items will be immediately removed from the event.
- THERE ARE NO RAIN DATES, AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION OF THE FESTIVAL.